You can cut costs by integrating your current system with a new monitoring service, but you have to be aware of whether it’s possible or not and just how the process is going to go. Not all security service providers offer alarm monitoring services for existing systems, luckily Mesa Alarm Systems does. Here is what you need to know if you are trying to make the change to another monitoring company.
How Important is Alarm Monitoring?
Alarm monitoring is very important generally speaking. You want to be able to know if your house is being burglarized and you want the authorities to know as soon as possible too. The longer you wait after a burglary, the harder it is to find the culprit.
The importance of alarm monitoring may also depend on your current situation. Is your current alarm system out of date? Then you may need to replace it. Technology has changed a lot during the last few years, so if you’ve had the same system for the last 10 years, then it’s time for an upgrade.
How to Choose a Monitoring Service
1. Write down the brand and model names of your equipment such as all security cameras. If 10 years or older, look into a new business or home security system.
2. Look into which companies can activate your current equipment. A quick Google search will let you know what monitoring services are compatible. You can also contact Mesa Alarm directly to find out the compatibility of your equipment.
3. Decide if you want home automation. Would you like to have a smart home and everything that comes with it? Home automation includes remote-activated thermostats, locks, speakers, lights, and televisions. Outdated equipment doesn’t have the ability to assist with these features so if you would like to have these features be part of your alarm monitoring system, you will have to verify with your manufacturer that this is an option.
Questions to Ask Yourself When Purchasing New Security Equipment
Purchasing new home security equipment is an investment so it’s wise to ask yourself these questions before you hand over a large amount of money.
- How big is your home or business?
- How many doors and windows does your house or business have?
- What will have sensors in your home/business?
- Do you only want to monitor entry points?
- Do you want to include sensors for possible flooding or carbon monoxide?
- Do you want a system that is wireless and connects to WiFi, or a wired system?
- Are you interested in receiving notifications through text?
- How do you feel about an app that can help you with security monitoring?
- What type of payment method or contract are you most comfortable with?
- What is your budget? (including monthly payments)
The Transition to a New Provider
General research will tell you to seek alarm monitoring for existing systems from big companies like Xfinity, ADT, and Simplisafe but they could actually be a bad choice. You do not get personalized customer service and it may take you a while to talk to a real person when you have a problem which can be very frustrating. As a top alarm monitoring service provider in Houston, Mesa Alarm Systems is local and dedicated to its community. Call today to learn more about our products and services.
Learn more about our products and services today by calling (281) 694-4313.